Thursday, September 10, 2009

AFTERNOON DELIGHT #14

Bon Jour, Cherie!
Today, we cook a bit!
What? Crab Cakes. Baltimore style!
I grew up in Balamer, east side and west, and there are no crab cakes like those made there! (In fact, the other day, I said to my best beau, let's hop a flight to BWI, go to OBRYCKI's Crab House, order a dozen steamed crabs, eat and fly home!)
AH, fantasy is good for the soul! Alas, here is my more prudent answer:
Buy 1 lb of lump crab. ADD: 1 egg, beaten, 1 cup of plain bread crumbs, 1 t. flour, 1/2 t. to 1 T. of OLD BAY seasoning, 1/2 t. Worcestershire, and fresh parsley, if you like!
Pat into 8 mini-cakes and fry to a golden brown in butter.
Hot or cold, served between Ritz crackers and on the side, with cole slaw, these babies will thrill your AFTERNOON DELIGHT. And after you feed each other, do lick the tiny bits of crab from each other's fingers.
Serve, as they do in Charm City (wow, it was never called THAT when I was a kid!), with cold, cold beer! (copyright 2009 Cerise DeLand)
CIAO, Bella!

3 comments:

Julia Barrett said...

Oh you! I cannot wait to eat crab cakes when we go to Baltimore in October! See what I started???

Cerise DeLand said...

Julia, I want to go with youuuuuuuuuu. We can take laptops and work, and we'll call it a business expense!

Fran Lee said...

Yum...yum...and YUM! Wonderful!