My Carbonara has no carbonara...and no cream, but oh, wow, will you love the creamy texture! You'll adore the low calories and the togetherness of the dish! (Add 2-3 diced slices of pancetta if you must be rigorous about it all--and cook with the garlic!)
This recipe is for 2 and requires fresh eggs and freshly grated parmesan.
Get your Delight to grate the cheese, while you:
- beat 2 eggs with salt, pepper and fresh parsely (chopped) and basil (if you wish)
- add 1/2 cup of parmesan (and have him grate more to go on top!) while you:
- saute garlic (4-6 cloves) in 2-3 T. good olive oil
- add 1/4 cup of white wine to that, remove from heat. (wine will boil off leaving superb aroma!)
- Cook your pasta (for 2 people, 8-10 oz. total for Afternoon Delight yields 2 hearty portions) and most important RESERVE the WATER!
- Strain, but add quickly two ladels of the pasta water to strained pasta, stir,
- Quickly add your beaten egg-herb-parmesan mix!
- And quickly stir!
- Add your garlic-wine concoction
- (If you like your pasta creamier, add more pasta water...but do so one at a time so as not to get it watery!)
- Serve with the rest of your white wine. A nice Prosecco?
- Add a side dish of sliced tomatoes drizzled olive oil and fresh ground pepper!