Sunday, December 11, 2011

Costume designer, my heroine of SANTA, CUTIE (#2 on bestseller list at ARe!)

The most fun I have ever had researching a book was for SANTA, CUTIE's heroine, Susanna Corrigan.  Yes. I had to travel. Ouuie. I had to party, dine, gamble, stay in fab.u.lous suite and ask questions of people.
What does Susanna do?
She is a costume designer for a Shakespearean Festival. For this, she must be artful in rendering vibrant clothing which can be discarded quickly for changes, yet be accurate to time, place AND conflict and character for The Bard's plays.
I came across her in...of all places...Las Vegas where I knew she initially served as the warder for mimes in a famous resort hotel in Sin City. Perhaps you recognize these places?
 

Here you see a few of those mimes I think she dressed:



No comments: