Sunday, November 1, 2015

SEALS, Soldiers, Delta Force and American Nurses who served in France during World War I! Cerise declares Military Month on her blog!

     November 11 we mark nearly a century since the end of the first WORLD WAR. Here in the States we tend to call it World War One. In Europe, they term it the Great War. "The war to end all wars" was not that at all.
     And so we mark November 11 each year to honor our war dead, our disabled military and our loved ones, lost in times of combat.
     For the next month, I will honor the military the way many of my author colleagues do all year long—by writing about them.
     I'll remind you of great romances by my pals and my own stories, too.

     I hope you will support my wonderful, talented colleagues just as you gain hours of enjoyment about those who serve.
     Among those who served, I will tell you about the women who served too. Twenty-one thousand women whom you have never heard of, those who volunteered to nurse American Doughboys in France, are those I will tell you about.
    In my other name, I write historicals of a different note.     HEROIC MEASURES recounts the story of thousands of women who become the Army Nurse Corps. This novel I researched for years at various facilities in the US and abroad in France. It comes with glowing reviews from the Army, other branches of the military, from nursing organizations and from readers. I hope you will buy this and enjoy it. It is available in digital and paperback. Please leave a review, too.
    If you would like to learn more about these courageous women who earned half what an Army private did and who worked 12-24-36 hours a day sometimes knee-deep in mud, please go to my blog about them, http://theyalsofought.blogspot.com

HEROIC MEASURES
In 1917, one young woman volunteers to nurse wounded Doughboys in France. Sailing far from home, working around the clock in a foreign land, she learns that courage takes on new meanings and comes in extraordinary forms. When she discovers love amid the chaos, she finds yet another way to define courage. And when the war ends and she sees that she is a different person from the one who volunteered, she learns the true meaning of courage and embraces new heroic measures of her own. 

Amazon:






No comments: