Friday, September 9, 2011

How do I love thee, oh, many sub-genres?

     Regency, medieval, contemporary Texas!  Loving all these periods, I also write them! The challenge to change my voice has never been one!
    While I attribute that to my undergrad and grad studies and my extensive world travels, I also attribute my ability to shift to my childhood when reading was an inexpensive way to pass my summertime. I was an only child, you see, and so I found great comfort in my local library! To my mother's dismay, I loved reading her nursing books. And to my father's confusion, I liked reading his plumber's journals!
     Say what?
     Yes. And to this day, I understand what might be wrong with heating systems, cooling ones and regular water pipes. (Here in parched Texas, we have problems with the land so dry that the underground pipes shift, bend and crack. The water wells break down. The air in the system groans and moans. Okay, enuf, you say!
     But now you know that Cerise is a good plumber. None of that fine knowledge is in any of my books, but now that I mention it....

No comments: