Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The way to a man's heart is through the DRAGONBLADE RECIPE BOOK! Out tomorrow! 99 cents!

A favorite little cookie at our house is shortbread. The recipe came to me from my mother who got it from her Aunt Ann who brought her up.


My Great Aunt Ann Fletcher journeyed from her home in West Riding, England and sailed to the United States with her older sister Mary in 1889. Ann was 5 years old. The two of them joined others in their family who had emigrated to the United States, including my grandmother who had arrived earlier. All of them lived, married and had children in a small town outside Scranton Pennsylvania. 


My grandmother, Ann’s sister, died young, leaving her six daughters and one son with her widowed husband. He died months after she in a coal mine cave-in in 1914.


My Great Ann who had been widowed years before, had three children of her own, but she took in all my grandmother’s children and reared all eight. 


My mother told me this was Aunt Ann’s recipe for shortbread. My mother made it often and it’s one I treasure.


I hope you enjoy it. Easy to make with ingredients you have on hand most of the time, these cookies are delightful little treats.


IF I LOVED YOU, the first book in my MATRIMONY! series, stars a heroine who comes from Bradford. I hope you read the story and enjoy it. 


For more than four decades, I have been published in historical romance and love every minute of the work. Bringing a bit of fact and lore to every story, I believe love blossoms and grows in the intimacy of communication.

Visit my website: https://cerisedeland.com


No comments: