Friday, October 13, 2023

Today's bon bon: A Great House in Elizabethan period becomes my setting for my story in HARVEST MOON Box set!

HARVEST MOON, the newly released box set by award-winning Bluestocking Belles, is set in Cheshire during the harvest!

In my story, my hero Stafford Barlow, 6th Earl Barlow, is just home from the wars. His home as I envisioned it is similar to the famous structure, Little Moreton Hall.


I had so much fun with this building with its Great Hall, seen here in this ground floor plan and marked as room #1. Twenty-two people are invited to dinner the night before the event and later, my heroine (who is rather upset at herself after dinner) goes to walk in this garden.

To her its seems almost like her family's parterre at home in the Loire Valley in France. But in reality it is more an English maze, called a knot garden, with flowers and herbs and chaise longue...for those special rendezvous every loving couple wishes for!

But I also use area #4!

Small, yes. What do you think it is? And how would my hero and heroine use it????





No comments: