Monday, October 5, 2026

If you missed the first one and need to see how it all started...here we go!

 🍒 Nibble of my first cherry in this series? YES!

LORD ASHLEY’S BEAUTIFUL ALIBI, Book 1, SCARLETT AFFAIRS, by Cerise DeLand
Excerpt, Cerise DeLand, LORD ASHLEY’S BEAUTIFUL ALIBI. 
Copyright 2024, All rights Reserved.
“As of minutes ago in the salon, I became your champion. Now I can become more.”
She swallowed loudly. Temptation shimmered through her bloodstream. She ran her fingertips down the supple silk and satin of his waistcoat and frock coat. “We are friends. I never do more.”
“We can pretend—”
Dazed by his offer, she stilled—and thrilled to the temptation.
He stared at her lips. “We could give the world a fine act.”
“Kisses are dangerous.” Yours would be devastating.
“Not as dangerous as that man’s attentions.”
“How do I know you will remain true to your word?”
“I would never harm you. In any way. I have my own reputation to uphold.”
“You once were a rogue. Aside from your actions on the Malmaison road two years ago.” She swallowed, having given him more information than she should.
He snorted. “You have a dossier on me, do you, Augustine?”
“I have word of your past on good authority.”
“I would have to know why you have such information.” He arched a brow, his gray eyes glittering. “Or we could agree you have purpose of your own. Then, to foil that man Vaillancourt, we would play at being lovers.”
Her heart told her to accept. Her old fear told her to reject him. “I—I must think on it.”
He stepped backward, his palms in the air in the manner of surrender. “Do that. But decide quickly. Vaillancourt’s pride has been pricked. A man like that never waits too long to take revenge.”
 

 

 

 

BUY LINK coming soon but if you follow me on most of these, you will always learn when and how to buy a new book!! 

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0089DS2N2

Bon Bons Blog - https://cerisedeland.blogspot.com/

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/cerise-deland

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CeriseDeLandAuthor/

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2940404.Cerise_DeLand

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/cerisedeland/

Travels with Cerise YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba82P_Q1kUrJUVVW0CwJmw/

Website - http://cerisedeland.com



 

No comments: