Saturday, January 7, 2023

Today's bon bon and a trip to the Loire Valley in my own pix and video!




Among the many fabulous chateaux along the River Loire south of Paris is the medieval fortress and palace of Amboise.  Built in stages by various French kings and expanded by Francis I, this walled castle sits above the river in glorious pink/peach stone.

(A more thorough view of the town, the fortress palace and the home of Leonardo da Vinci is on my YOU TUBE channel. Link Below.)

The palace as you will see in my video shows you the throne room with fleur de lis velvet throw, a dining room and many bedrooms. You also see salons furnished in a later period when Louis Phillippe took the throne in mid-1800s. Pictures of him, his wife and children, the piano they played are charming.


You also have glimpses of Leonardo Da Vinci's house which Francis I gave him when he persuaded him to come to France to live. The house was a lovely three-story home with living quarters, good size kitchen and a huge workroom or atelier. It was within five-minutes walking distance from the palace of Amboise. Da Vinci lived the last three years of his life here.

For more of my videos, long and short, do visit my YOU TUBE Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba82P_Q1kUrJUVVW0CwJmw/featured

No comments: